RISC OS News
- Latest Intel chips still can't match ARM for power saving - Intel issued a "correction" Thursday regarding comments one of its executives made earlier this week slamming the iPhone as incapable of working correctly with the internet.
Among other things, the executives accused ARM chips of being unable to "handle the internet" and singled out the iPhone as an example of a smart phone that could be really great if it used one of Intel's low-power x86 architecture processors, known as Atom.
- Major new RISC OS application in development - Long-term RISC OS devotee Paul Vigay has recently announced a new application he's currently working on. With a development version to be demonstrated at the forthcoming RISC OS SE Show, WebAnim8r is a powerful and comprehensive application for creating animations and graphics suitable for including on websites and presentations.
A flexible built-in scripting language allows the user to create complex designs with the aid of simple keywords, or fall back on the intuitive user interface.
Some news summaries maybe truncated. This is a limitation with GoogleGroups RSS feed and beyond our control unfortunately.
- 500 Can't connect to www.iconbar.com:80 (timeout)
- 500 Can't connect to www.myriscos.co.uk:80 (Bad hostname)
RISC OS Open
- Pi rounded up to four - 24th June saw the launch of the Raspberry Pi Foundation’s latest pint-sized educational computer – the Pi 4. Sportinga faster Cortex-A72 processormore RAM (model options with 1, 2, or 4GB)built in gigabit Etherneta move to VideoCore VI for 4k graphics at 60fpsand much more besidesThe form factor is largely unchanged, apart from a few connector movements.
- Raft of new bounties floated - With the bumper infusion of pledges in our end of 2018 blowout, a number of the previously accumulating bounties have since been claimed by eager developers. That’s left us with some slots to fill for where we want to steer RISC OS next – what big ticket items are missing from everyone’s favourite OS?So we’ve scoured your suggestions, checked the wish list (twice), and unfolded the roadmap to bring this next set to the surface…
- Connecting with the 21st century - Barely a day goes by without a data leak or hacking attempt on some of the world’s biggest corporations, so it’s more important than ever to keep your security software up to date. One of the aims of this first step in overhauling the RISC OS network stack was to purge any out of date and weak protocols.
- Another bounty gets under way for 2019 - Following the unprecedented pledges made by the community during November and December, we’re able to announce that the bounty to teach the C compiler some new tricks is now under way.
- Bounty matching target success! - We are delighted to announce that we reached our £5,000 bounty matching target before the end of 2018! This saw some extremely generous donations from across the community into our open bounties. We have matched each of the donations, up to our total of £5,000.As a special bonus, now we have closed-off the General bounty for 2018, we have re-distributed £3,000 across three of the open bounties (the fourth has already been snapped up!).
|Home||(external news feeds last updated at 10:30pm and took 14 seconds)|